FRA proudly inducted five students into the International Robotics Honor Society today with a ceremony on the quad. Congratulations to Langston Harold ('23), Ryan Holman ('23), Christopher May ('21), William Roberts ('21), and Reilly Robinson ('22).
The International Robotics Honor Society has been developed specifically to recognize individual students that meet specified criteria within scholarship, leadership, personal character, community service, and, of course, robotics. The IRHS motto is “Recognizing Student Excellence in Robotics.”
The objectives of the International Robotics Honor Society are to:
- Elevate the profile of student participation in robotics at the school, district, and national level.
- Encourage more students to strive toward academic excellence in the STEM fields.
- Encourage student character development.
- Encourage student participation in service opportunities.
- Encourage the participation in robotics programs.
Once selected for membership, a student must continue to maintain the same high standards of scholarship, leadership, personal character, and community service. They must also remain active in our competitive robotics team, and they must participate in chapter activities in order to remain a member of the IRHS in following years.