On October 27, 2021 FRA inducted four new students to our chapter of the International Robotics Honor Society. The International Robotics Honor Society was created in 2018 to honor the 10th anniversary of the inaugural VEX Robotics World Championship Tournament. FRA’s IRHS chapter was the first in the state of Tennessee. The International Robotics Honor Society has been developed specifically to recognize individual students that meet specified criteria within scholarship, leadership, personal character, community service, and robotics. The International Robotics Honor Society’s objectives are to:
- Elevate the profile of student participation in robotics at the school, district, and national level.
- Encourage more students to strive toward academic excellence in the STEM fields.
- Encourage student character development.
- Encourage student participation in service opportunities.
- Encourage the participation in robotics programs.
Once selected for membership, a student must continue to maintain the same high standards of scholarship, leadership, personal character, and community service. They must also remain active in our competitive robotics team and must participate in chapter activities in order to remain a member of the IRHS.
We congratulate the following students on their IRHS induction: Bailey Bonde, Rachel Bowling, Peter Nau, and Carter Simons.