Every FRA family and faculty member will be asked to sign this Community Pledge acknowledging the importance of our collective effort to keep our children and teachers safe.
My family commits to these health expectations:
- My family will complete a daily health screen, which involves documenting my student’s temperature prior to arriving on campus.
- My student will be required to have a cloth face covering at school every day and to wear it as directed by current FRA face covering protocol.
- My student will not be sent to school if displaying any of the following symptoms: fever over 100°F, chills, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, significant congestion or runny nose, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- I understand that if my student develops symptoms of illness while at school, I will be contacted to pick him or her up from school. I also understand that my student must be picked up within one hour of being contacted.
- My student will not attend school if anyone in our family (or a close contact as defined by the CDC) has recently tested positive, is presumed positive, has test results pending, or is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 (fever over 100°F, chills, cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, significant congestion or runny nose, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea).
- If my student is diagnosed with COVID-19, or considered/presumed positive for COVID-19, or if we are contacted by Health Department officials and asked to quarantine/isolate, I will notify the FRA health services administrator.
- Following my student's absence from school related to illness, isolation, or quarantine, I will contact the FRA health services administrator to establish that my student meets current health criteria to return to campus. I will contact the health services administrator two days prior to my student’s planned return to campus.
- Our family agrees to maintain continuity between school and home, consistently reinforcing efforts to promote healthy choices and proven practices to limit any potential COVID-19 exposure.
- Our family understands that FRA strongly recommends using face coverings in all public settings as mandated by local law, practicing preventative hygiene measures, and avoiding nonessential events that involve large numbers of people—or even small numbers of people who are not adherent with face covering guidelines, particularly in settings that are congested or indoors.
- Our family understands that FRA strongly recommends the seasonal flu vaccination (unless medically contraindicated) to limit transmission of the flu virus.
- Our family understands that what each member of the FRA community does during this pandemic can affect the entire school community, and that we will all benefit by making in-person school possible.